Dec 12, 2017, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific)
Category: Salary Administration
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Audience: HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Compensation Analysts, Those New to Multinational Compensation
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Working knowledge of compensation
SHRM BoCK: As defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and KnowledgeTM, this webinar covers competency topics related to relationship management and global and cultural effectiveness with the knowledge areas being total rewards and employee relations.
This webinar provides a detailed overview of global compensation for human resources professionals who are new to the field, experiencing international business growth, or interested in learning more about multinational compensation programs. The webinar will concentrate on key concepts that are needed to manage effective global compensation programs. Discussions will include how to deliver fair and competitive compensation programs across the globe while increasing awareness of the key differences and requirements between U.S. and international compensation plans.
Important components of a global total rewards strategy statement will be discussed as well as how job analysis and job evaluation work within a multinational organization. Examples of how to use global market data to build a multinational salary structure and budget for annual salary increases will be shared. Unique country compensation practices, such as 13th and 14th month payrolls, will also be discussed. Suggestions on short-term and long-term compensation programs within a global organization will also be provided.
The webinar will also include an overview of international assignments, related tax programs and resources to effectively manage international relocations.
After attending the program, a human resources professional should have a good understanding of how base salaries, total cash compensation, and total direct compensation is managed for a multinational organization and have a general orientation to unique programs such as international assignments to manage an international workforce.
- Developing a global total rewards strategy
- Understanding the use of job analysis and job evaluation within a multinational organization
global market data and foreign exchange rates
- Building a multinational salary structure
- Managing unique international market practices
Budgeting for global salary increases
- Managing short- and long-term incentives in a global organization
- An orientation to international
assignments and related tax programs
Linda Cox, CCP
Linda is the Compensation Project Manager at ERI Economic Research Institute and has over 30 years of Global Compensation Director-level and consultative experience with major multi-national corporations such as Allergan, Beckman Coulter, Quest Software and Dell. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education from California State University, Long Beach, and is a Certified Compensation Professional. She is currently volunteering as Treasurer of The Orange County Compensation & Benefits Association. Linda's business and personal travel has taken her to 32 countries and almost 400 cities throughout the world. She also established the Allergan International Assignment Program which grew to 67 expatriates during her 16 year Allergan career.
Credit Hours - You must attend for 90 minutes to be eligible:
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP: ERI Distance Learning Center is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- PHR/GPHR/SPHR/aPHR: This webinar has been approved for 1.5 HR recertification credit hours toward PHR®,
SPHR®, GPHR® and aPHR™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID number on
your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute
website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of
the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI’s criteria to be pre–approved for recertification credit.
- CBP/CCP/GRP/WLCP/CECP/CSCP: This webinar qualifies for recertification credit for the Certified Compensation Professional
(CCP®), Certified Benefits Professional® (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP®), Work-Life Certified
Professional (WLCP®), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP™) and Certified Sales Compensation Professional
(CSCP™) designations granted by WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals. For more information on recertification, visit the
WorldatWork Society recertification webpage at www.worldatworksociety.org/recertification.
- ERI’s Salary Assessor® and Relocation Assessor® tools: You will receive a free demo edition of
ERI’s Salary and Relocation Assessor tools. The Salary Assessor provides the most extensive analysis of competitive rates in existence. This
tool has been used by thousands of organizations since 1987 and provides salary and incentive pay for more than 6,300 positions. Salary data in
the Assessor may be reported by organization size, industry, and geographic location; reliability statistics are provided. A specific
salary planning date may be selected to ensure that data is aged to meet the user’s needs. A benchmark list may be used within the program for
ease in analyzing total competitiveness.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation: All attendees will receive the PowerPoint slideshow for this webinar and may use it in staff
- To view and listen to the presentation you need:
- Computer/tablet/phone with browser and internet connection
- Either a phone or computer speakers.
- Adobe Flash Player 13+. You can download Flash if you need it.
- Adobe Connect Mobile for iOS and Android. You can download the free app if you are using a mobile device.
Run this System Test to be sure you can join the webinar.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13+
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13+
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 6 and higher
- Android supported devices: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher