Sep 12, 2017, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific)
Category: Salary Administration
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Audience: HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Compensation Analysts, HR Generalists, Managers
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Analyzing and Using Salary Survey Data Webinar or a working knowledge of using salary survey data.
SHRM BoCK: As defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge TM, this webinar covers competency topics related to managing internal and external relationships with the knowledge areas being compensation and benefits, and remuneration data analysis.
A well-designed salary structure will support an organization in the delivery of an internally equitable, externally competitive, cost effective, personally motivating, flexible, and ongoing compensation program.
In this webinar, you will follow a detailed case study to support you in learning how to design and deliver a competitive, market-priced pay structure with salary grades.
- The importance of your Compensation Strategy
- Learn the characteristics that provide a foundation for a sound pay structure
- Measure the marketplace to create a fair and competitive salary structure
- Learn different approaches to develop a market competitive, implementable salary structure
- Learn how to calculate the cost of your compensation program
- Present your compensation program for senior management approval
- Successfully manage the implementation of your pay structure
Linda Cox, CCP
Linda is the Compensation Project Manager at ERI Economic Research Institute and has over 30 years of Global Compensation Director-level and consultative experience with major multi-national corporations such as Allergan, Beckman Coulter, Quest Software and Dell. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education from California State University, Long Beach, and is a Certified Compensation Professional. She is currently volunteering as Treasurer of The Orange County Compensation & Benefits Association. Linda's business and personal travel has taken her to 32 countries and almost 400 cities throughout the world. She also established the Allergan International Assignment Program which grew to 67 expatriates during her 16 year Allergan career.
Credit Hours - You must attend for 90 minutes to be eligible:
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP: ERI Distance Learning Center is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- PHR/GPHR/SPHR/aPHR: This webinar has been approved for 1.5 HR recertification credit hours toward PHR®, SPHR®, GPHR® and aPHR™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre–approved for recertification credit.
- CBP/CCP/GRP/WLCP/CECP/CSCP: This webinar qualifies for recertification credit for the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®), Certified Benefits Professional® (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP®), Work-Life Certified Professional (WLCP®), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP™) and Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP™) designations granted by WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals. For more information on recertification, visit the WorldatWork Society recertification webpage at www.worldatworksociety.org/recertification.
- Salary Assessor® Compensation Software: You will receive a free demo edition of ERI's Salary Assessor software, which provides the most extensive analysis of competitive rates in existence. This tool has been used by thousands of organizations since 1987 and provides salary and incentive pay for more than 6,300 positions. Salary data in the Assessor may be reported by organization size, industry, and geographic location; reliability statistics are provided. A specific salary planning date may be selected to ensure that data is aged to meet the user's needs. A benchmark list may be used within the program for ease in analyzing total competitiveness.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation: All attendees will receive the PowerPoint slideshow for this webinar and may use it in staff training.
- To view and listen to the presentation you need:
- Computer/tablet/phone with browser and internet connection
- Either a phone or computer speakers.
- Adobe Flash Player 13+. You can download Flash if you need it.
- Adobe Connect Mobile for iOS and Android. You can download the free app if you are using a mobile device.
Run this System Test to be sure you can join the webinar.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13+
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13+
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 6 and higher
- Android supported devices: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher