Category: Executive Compensation
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
SHRM BoCK: As defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge TM, this webinar covers competency topics related to managing internal and external relationships with the knowledge areas being compensation and benefits, talent management, and employee relations.
This course is an introduction to executive compensation focusing on topics applicable to publicly traded and privately held corporations (there will be some targeted topics for executive compensation in nonprofits as well). It will cover total compensation elements and will include base salary, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, deferred plans, benefits, and perquisites. We will discuss the objectives of these programs, cover the related SEC and related IRS rules, and establish a framework for planning executive total compensation which will include project management, benchmarking, and analysis. We will review effective performance metrics relative to incentive plan designs and goal setting, discuss types of equity and deferred plans, and introduce related tools for enabling the planning process. Case study examples will be included.
- Appreciate the legal and regulatory framework impacting executive compensation
- Understand the resources and information required for total compensation planning
- Explain key performance measurement considerations for effective incentive plans
- Understand different equity plans and other long-term incentives and their impact on executive programs
- Research best practices, trends, and competitive compensation levels
With over 15 years experience in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, Joe Miller has led VisionLink’s broad based pay and incentive design departments for the last 3 years. Prior to joining VisionLink, Joe worked in leadership roles within several global organizations as a compensation professional. Joe specializes in providing insight and direction relating to market pay comparisons, total rewards philosophy and integration, and incentive plan design.
Matt is the Product Manager for the Executive Compensation Assessor® software at ERI Economic Research Institute. He has an extensive background in econometrics and time series modeling. As Product Manager, he analyzes the design, implementation, and award outcomes of executive compensation packages in organizations of all sizes. Matt also partners with current ERI Subscribers to interpret and provide guidance on the appropriate analytics to address current business problems.
Credit Hours - You must attend for 90 minutes to be eligible:
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP: ERI Distance Learning Center is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- PHR/GPHR/SPHR/aPHR: This webinar has been approved for 1.5 HR recertification credit hours toward PHR®, SPHR®, and GPHR®, aPHR™ recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre–approved for recertification credit.
- CBP/CCP/GRP/WLCP/CECP/CSCP: This webinar qualifies for recertification credit for the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®), Certified Benefits Professional® (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP®), Work-Life Certified Professional (WLCP®), Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP™) and Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP™) designations granted by WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals. For more information on recertification, visit the WorldatWork Society recertification webpage at www.worldatworksociety.org/recertification.
- Compensation Software: You will receive a free demo edition of ERI's Assessor Software including the Executive Compensation Assessor®. This tool has been used by thousands of organizations since 1987.
- Webinar PowerPoint Presentation: All attendees will receive the PowerPoint slideshow for this webinar and may use it in staff training.
- To view and listen to the presentation you need:
- Computer/tablet/phone with browser and internet connection
- Either a phone or computer speakers.
- Adobe Flash Player 13+. You can download Flash if you need it.
- Adobe Connect Mobile for iOS and Android. You can download the free app if you are using a mobile device.
Run this System Test to be sure you can join the webinar.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 13+
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 13+
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 6 and higher
- Android supported devices: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and higher