Category: Incentive Compensation
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Some college level courses with moderate algebraic training
This course teaches you how to select and administer variable pay plans for your organization. It describes the importance of variable pay and the organizations that are best suited for these types of plans. It then covers the different types of variable pay plans available and the factors that must be considered in plan design. Finally, this course reviews the administration of incentive plans and how to avoid common problems.
- Understand why variable pay is used
- Describe the various types of variable pay plans
- Determine jobs for which incentive pay is suitable
- Set up an incentive pay plan for your organization
- Maintain the variable pay plan effectively
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.