Category: Incentive Compensation
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Some college level courses with moderate algebraic training
In this course you'll learn how to create a pay-for-performance plan for your organization. This differs from a variable pay plan (covered in DLC Course 75), in that pay-for-performance bases pay increases on performance, not quantifiable work output. Pay for performance has grown in popularity because it allows organizations to reward employees for goals key to organization success. This course will help you decide whether or not pay for performance is appropriate for your organization and how to create a pay-for-performance plan.
- Determine whether or not pay for performance is suitable for your organization
- Create an open rate range and guide chart
- Select a performance appraisal methodology
- Administer a pay-for-performance program
- Use research software to determine performance pay
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.