Category: Salary Administration
Field of Study: Business Management & Organization
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
- Basic algebra
- ERI Distance Learning Center Course 33: Developing and Conducting Job Analysis in Your Organization
While market-based pay systems continue to replace internally focused pay systems, job evaluation remains an important tool in the field of compensation. This course reviews the history of job evaluation and how it still holds great importance in the fight against pay discrimination. We will guide you through the steps of job evaluation, where jobs are classified based on their duties and importance. Upon completion of this course, you will be ready to implement and use a job evaluation program in your own organization.
- Explain the purpose and various uses of job evaluation
- Choose a job evaluation methodology that is appropriate for your organization
- Decide which compensable factors should be used to compare jobs
- Use job evaluation and labor market rates to determine realistic salary structures
- Recognize how job evaluation can reduce the possibility of pay discrimination
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.