Category: Incentive Compensation
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Some college level courses with moderate algebraic training
This course discusses the creation of sales compensation plans. It describes the steps you must take to set a plan up, including setting goals, choosing measures, and establishing formulas. Then it discusses how to evaluate the success of the plan. Finally, this course looks at special sales compensation, including travel allowances and expense accounts.
- Understand the use and application of sales compensation plans
- Describe the various types of incentive pay plans
- Determine the best base salary/commission mix for motivating employees
- Administer expense reimbursement programs for sales personnel
- Use research software to monitor compensation competitiveness and per diem allowance rates
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.