Category: Executive Compensation
Field of Study: Statistics
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
- Some college level courses with moderate algebraic training
- ERI Distance Learning Center Course 09: Basic Quantitative Methods
This course introduces you to various statistical methods used in setting, analyzing, and auditing executive compensation. Key to this course is the application of distributions and logarithms in analyzing survey data. This course also teaches you how to use financial ratios and multiple regression to set pay. Then it covers the equations needed to explain deferred compensation and stock options. Finally, this course will show you how to use research software in order to determine maximum reasonable compensation for executives.
- Use distributions and logarithms graphs to analyze executive pay survey data
- Create regression models to set executive pay
- Understand how deferred compensation and options are used in executive compensation packages
- Utilize research software to determine maximum reasonable compensation
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.