Category: Relocation Planning
Field of Study: Personnel/HR
Audience: HR Managers, HR Generalists
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Self-Study
Some college-level courses with moderate algebraic training
Employee relocation planning is a necessary part of many Human Resources jobs. This course teaches you how to set up employee relocation packages for executive relocation, new hires, and everything in between. You’ll learn how to establish home purchase assistance programs that include real estate appraisal, home loans, and company mortgage assistance. You’ll also learn how to plan for the use of moving companies, travel allowances, and family assistance programs to help with the settling in process. Finally, you’ll learn how to use a cost-of-living calculator
that helps you compare cost of living by state and city in order to determine an adequate cost-of-living allowance for an employee relocation package.
- Obtain moving estimates and insurance rates from moving companies
- Provide your relocating employees with moving tips to help them find desirable neighborhoods, schools, and new jobs for working spouses
- Make a cost of living comparison based on cost of living index software in order to set relocation allowances
- Integrate family assistance with the relocation program
- Establish complete financial relocation assistance for different employee groups, including for executive relocation, managerial employee relocation, professional employee relocation, and recruitment of new hires
*The Course Credit Map
displays credit types offered by location and corresponding lists of eligible courses.